Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kid Congo


Kid Congo Powers is back, this time with The Pink Monkey Birds. Their release on In the Red Records earlier this year entitled Dracula Boots has officially fucked me up, it is shaping up to be one of my favorite albums of the year. I missed them at Garagefest a few weeks back, apparently they kicked some serious ass. This is not surprising considering Congo's past membership in a few bands- The Cramps, Gun Club, and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Not a bad resume. Use your imagination on this one- it's a cocktail of 60's garage rock psychedelia fused with old school Chicano rock, with a bunch of surprising mixers that somehow work to make one hell of a beverage. This album is a perfect soundtrack for a late night of naughtiness, or whatever you want to call it. I've thrown in a couple tracks that are good feelers, see if you like it as much as I do. Trust me, you will.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=396c2748091a7bc00c814df2efeadc5017e6060f0812b4e892595bc19e6628dc

No comments:

Post a Comment