Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Juan De La Cruz


Here's your new favorite album, the heavy psych of the Philippines' Juan De La Cruz with Up In Arms from '71. This is the band's debut after forming in '68 to bring heavy rock to their native country. This album is all over the map blending flutes, piano, and saxophones into killer heavy guitar work. If you don't believe me, listen to "Requiem For A Head" and my personal favorite "Mystery Roach" with it's dirty sax woven into a fuzzy guitar riff. The original six tracks along with an additional five live tracks that surprisingly sound really good are included in the album. Don't sleep on this, enjoy...
Beep Beep

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. I think I've listened to Requiem for a Head 12 times in a row since I snagged this from you. This is my first visit to this magical blog and I'm candystored. Thank you my man, thank you.

    ReplyDelete