Monday, September 13, 2010

Sleep



Still recovering from the blast-off I received by the hands of the legendary cult doom-stoner rockers Sleep Saturday night in Portland. I enjoyed what I remember anyway. They sounded so fucking good in fact that I'm posting Sleep's EP Volume 2 which was released in '92 after the band's seminal debut Volume One in '91. Only 1,000 copies were made, it has a rad live cover of Sabbath's "Lord of This World" and two early versions of "The Druid" and "Nain's Baptism" that would later appear on Sleep's Holy Mountain in '93. If you've never heard Sleep I suggest picking up their whole discography which is easy to find for fuck's sake. Sludgy psychedelic ear-popping doom, it doesn't get much better than this. Enjoy..
Marijuanaut’s Return

No comments:

Post a Comment