Monday, November 1, 2010

Songs The Cramps Taught Us Volume 1


Still in the Halloween mood? Good, after I posted the Frantics yesterday I thought to myself, what's a Halloween post without The Cramps? So I give you Volume 1 of 3 of one of the best compilation series ever made, Songs The Cramps Taught Us. This collection contains classics such as The Sonics "Strychnine" and The Groupies "Primitive" but also has some great cuts you may of never heard such as the original "Goo Goo Muck" by Ronnie Cook & The Gaylads and the soul burner "Whiplash" by the Shells. These are just a couple examples from this 31 track collection, Elvis' "Do The Clam" is another highlight. Also can't forget about one of The Cramps biggest influences Charlie Feathers shows up on here twice with "Can't Hardly Stand It" and "Sunglasses After Dark." These comps were put together by Poison Ivy of The Cramps, apparently he has quite the record collection. I have all three volumes so if you like let me know, enjoy...
Bacon Fat

1 comment: