Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Face on the Scene


Hey everybody, my name’s Ted and I live in Vietnam.  I’ve asked mister Furtracks himself if I could come onto this site and add a few things I’ve been into lately, and he's graciously excepted my offer.

I’m gonna switch things up though, over the next few weeks I’ll be putting up a series of posts referencing not tracks or albums I’ve come across but music documentaries I’ve dug up or ran into while trouncing around the internet realm.

There’ll be a bunch of different shit on here, so if one week’s not your style, check back the following and there may be something totally different.

One other thing is that I can’t put the files up for direct download as they’re too big.  I can however suggest you check your friendly neighborhood torrent site where you can d/l nearly all that will be posted.  And of course they’re mostly avail through legit means on iTunes or Amazon or however else ya’ll crazy kids are watching movies these days.

Today I’ll start off with the LA punk rock documentary “Decline of Western Civilization Part 1”


The first thing I dig about this flick is that it never made it to DVD so the copy I have was captured from a VHS tape giving it certain wobbly shitty street cred.

It was filmed from 1979 to 1980 in LA and features bands like Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, the Germs, and Fear, among others.  I think it’s a pretty badass look into the world which was LA punk.  No posers, no real agenda, just intimate interviews in people's shitty hovels and crappy kitchens.  All paired with lots of furl-fuckin-tastic concert footage.

It shouldn’t be too hard to find online, I’m guessing nearly impossible to find otherwise.  Let me know if you have troubles and I can help you out.



1 comment: