Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Arthur Russell


I have to give a big shout out to my main man Dick Clark for introducing me to this track a few years back, "Is It All Over My Face?" by Loose Joints is an underground disco joint put out on West End Records in "80. This track was produced by the enigmatic Arthur Russell, a composer/producer (originally from Iowa) who made some experimental disco during the tail end of the New York disco scene in the late 70's and early 80's. Many say this track is one of the foundations of house music, but I wouldn't know because I can't stand that shit. Regardless, this track is a dance floor burner, it's unique simplicity and great clap beat is sure to make you move yo' ass. If you dig this, check out Dinosaur L who consists of Loose Joints same lineup, another dope record that was produced by Russell. By the way Clark, where my next mix at?
http://www.mediafire.com/?rqkm5lmmqmj

No comments:

Post a Comment