Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday 45's


In a giving mood today, probably because the drank and sunshine is pourin' up and down on me down here in Austin. First is this infectious blue-eyed soul 45 of Miss Chris Clark. This hard drivin' soul burner "Loves Gone Bad" off V.I.P Records from '66 will start any weekend or party off right...



Next is the album Try and Love by Ofege from '73. These five Nigerian kids recorded this when they were in high school which is mind blowing after you hear these 8 tracks of pure fuzzed-out funky afro-rock. This album was just repressed as hasn't hardly been heard in 35 years, apparently this was a huge album in Nigeria back in the day and it's easy to see why. The track "It's Not Easy" is one of the most beautiful tracks I've heard in a long time- Try and Love is easily becoming one of my favorites out of my African fuzz collection. Damn this is good, enjoy...
Try And Love

2 comments:

  1. miss clark, it seems, is good music for soothing the savage baby. take it from me dr. lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must be related? Yo you in Utah yet?

    ReplyDelete